Scubapro Galileo 2 Computer
The Galileo 2 is a brand new Scubapro computer which has the capability to do all the things a diving computer should do and a lot more. The slim-line casing design with a full colour display makes this computer the best yet from scubapro. The high-resolution screen produces vibrant colours and sharp digits so the data is easy to read whilst underwater.
The Scubapro Galileo 2 Computer offers multiple screens which all give you data that is not only accurate but very useful for any diver. This includes skin temperature, breathing rate and water temperature. This computer provides you with no-stop data which is real time and is reliable, even under the most depending dive circumstances.
Even though this computer has great features and shows you so much important data it is still very easy to use. There are multiple screen displays available which means you can customise what display you want to be displayed, these display are easy to change thanks to the 3 buttons on the top of the computer. These 3 buttons are easy to navigate thanks to the menu for each button is displayed below so you can see what that button does. There is also some cool shortcuts and features such as if you hold down the left hand button you can see the mix of nitrox if you are diving with nitrox, you can then change the mix on the computer.
This computer is Scubapro first coloured screen, there is some fantastic displays which are very useful. If you are not keen on the colours used, this can be changed, just another feature which makes this computer customisable. The screen also has a light sensor so you can change the brightness of the screen with ease. You might be thinking that this computer must have a bad battery life with all the features that are available, well you are wrong this computer has burn time has up to 50 hours before you need to recharge the battery. This is due to the clever battery saver system which is inside the G2 which means you don’t have to recharge the battery as often as other computers.
This lightweight and compact has the ability to attach a wireless air transmitter and a heart rate monitor. These add ons make a massive difference if you are looking for all the information possible. With a great screen size all the information is right at your fingertips. Another great thing about this computer is you can download this dive data, this means you can review your performance by just simply plugging in download/charging usb cable to the computer. You also don’t have to worry about this computer being damaged when not in use as it comes with a protective case.
The design includes bungee mounts, easy-to-read multiple screen templates, and personalised colour choices. This computer is completely customisable to suit you. You can just put it on and go, or closely analyse your dive data. It can be used in open water, freediving, CCR to sidemount. Even your dive profile is one of a kind, this is based upon your real-time skin temperature, heart rate and breathing rate.
You can also add the Heart Rate Belt and Transmitter which are delivered in a soft box. If you choose to add the Heart Rate Belt and Transmitter this will add extra features to the computer, which allow you to have access to your skin temperature and your heart rate in real time. These additional features are recommended for technical divers as you should make the most of all the features that are available.
The Galileo 2 does not come with a Heart Rate Belt or Transmitter if you have not selected that option.
- Made From High Impact Material
- The Scubapro Galileo 2 computer has a fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic casing, this offers a high-impact computer which is strong against aggressive diving. The material also provides excellent UV resistance, so you don’t have to worry about rays damaging the display.
- 3 Simple Stainless Steel Buttons - This computer includes 3 buttons which are used for multiple reasons. You turn this computer on and off by holding the left and right button, holding down the left will show you nitrox mix which can then be changed, and give you access to different menus and features. You don’t have to worry about not knowing which button is which as the top section of the screen includes the name of that button or arrows to show how to navigate. You can easily use all 3 buttons in and out of water, even with protective gloves on.
- Coloured Screen - This new computer is the first coloured screen computer available from scubapro. It is a 2.2in/5.6cm LCD display screen (320x240p) which produces vibrant colours for maximum readability so you can see the data you need to know. This screen uses less energy and is more efficient than other screen displays of this type which means that the battery life is great. You can configure the screen display so you can see as much or as little as you like. The screen presentations include classic, light, full or graphical screen options. The Screen also features a backlight to enhance low-light readability.
- Multiple Languages - This computer allows you to select from 19 different languages, making this a world wide computer that can be used by most divers no matter what language.
- Heart Rate Monitor (Only With HRM Belt) - A heart rate monitor which measures your heartbeat and skin temperature which are displayed real time. The belt is can just be attached around the skin. It sends the data straight to the computer giving you real time data to ensure you stay in your individual target zone to maximise your safety at depth.
- Hoseless Air Integration - This computer can monitor tank pressure plus provides true bottom time (RBT) and allows air consumption to be factored into the decompression calculation. There is support for up to 11 transmitters when all the features are activated.
- Rechargeable Battery - The burn time on this computer is 50 hours, which is great for a computer which has all the bells and whistles. When this computer eventually runs out of battery you can easily recharge it with the usb charger which is included.
- Huge 485MB Memory - This watch stores your diving data which includes pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and 1,000 hours of dive profiles. You can easily download dive data with the usb cable which is included or wirelessly to your phone or handheld device using bluetooth. To download dive data to your PC/Mac you can use the USB cable in and it will download onto the LogTRAK software.
- Curved Low-profile Shape - This computer sits comfortably on the arm and is securely attached so it is more resistant to rotating. There is also integrated bungee mounts which are provided for tech divers.
- Screen Protection - The LCD screen is protected by transparent thermoplastic lens which stops the screen from getting scratches or smashing.
- Maximum Operating Depth - The Scubapro Galileo 2 computer can work for up to 120 meters which is an incredible 394 feet down into the ocean, this is regardless of diving situation.
- What's included - Each Scubapro Galileo 2 comes packaged with a Manual (Read this before use), a USB cable, 3m foil screen protector and a retractor clip.
Who are Scubapro Galileo 2 Computer for?
This well designed future proof computer is for any diver looking for a computer which will give them all the data needed. This computer can last your whole diving career so you only need to buy one, as it is future proof you will have all the features you will ever need from a diving computer. The Galileo 2 computer is aimed at every diver as it is easy to use, has multiple screen options, you can use this features as much or as little as you want. The Galileo 2 is designed to go anywhere including open water to freediving to CCR to sidemount. Its greats for new diver on their journey from their first dive to wherever their passion for diving takes them.
Who are Scubapro?
Scubapro have been producing diving equipment for over 50 years. The have a fantastic reputation of high quality diving equipment. They pride themselves in testing equipment beyond the required guidelines, so you can rely on the quality of their equipment. Their products have been designed and built to a very high standard so they perform perfectly in water, this is what makes Scubapro equipment one the finest qualities available.