Mares Instinct 12S Reg with Instinct Octo & Twin Console
This one of a kind Regulator is leading the way for Mares with its hydrodynamic design and angled hose attachment.
One of a kind …Mares, the motor in dive equipment development, breaks new ground with regard to regulators: The latest stroke of genius called Instinct 12S offers features that didn't exist before. Read on to find out more on this outstanding regulator!
To set its goals, Mares' research and development department prepared an entirely new concept for a second stage, which included the following characteristics: notable weight reduction, short and anatomical hose routing, hydrodynamic design and angled hose attachment. What sounds simple was quite a challenge to design – especially as the classical advantages and patents of Mares regulators, like bypass and Vortex Assisted Design, had to be incorporated as well. The result will convince you at first breath: the lightweight case with its center of gravity closer to the diver as compared to traditional regulators doesn't feel like a foreign object anymore.
Side exhaust deflects the exhaled breath, so that hardly any bubbles crowd your view. Compensating openings in the back minimize the likelihood of freeflows in strong current. The oversized purge button makes it easy to find and easy to use, even when wearing thick gloves. Superflex hose for better comfort.
- ULTRALIGHT TECHNO POLYMER: Abrasion resistant and affordable, ideal for diving in warm and moderate water temperatures
- VAD • Vortex Assisted Design: The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
- FLUID DYNAMIC DEFLECTOR: Receives and properly directs the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece.
- SUPERFLEX HOSE: Extreme light weight and exceptional softness guarantee the maximum freedom of movement.
- SMALL SIZE: Innovative diaphragm design and component layout result in tangible reduction of dimensions. Enjoy unique wearing comfort and easiest handling and storage.
SubGear 2-Gauge Console:
- Ergonomic design and soft features so easy to handle even with thick gloves.
- Pressure scale to 400bar for use with 200bar and 300bar tanks.
- Depth gauge registers to 60m and features a maximum depth indicator for easy logging.
- Safety lanyard loop on case.
CONSOLE & OCTOPUS UPGRADES AVAILABLE
Regulator Assembly Service Option:
At Deep Blue Dive we are pleased to offer a bespoke Regulator/Kit assembly service for your new purchase.
One of our Expert Scuba Technicians will assemble your regulators/Console/BCD to the manufacturers Specification or your own requirements, once assembled your regulators will be checked to ensure that they are functioning correctly so you can use them straight out of the box.