Scubapro Reel & A.P. Valves Sealing SMB
One of the best reel's on the market with one of the best SMB's-perfect match
The groundbreaking design of SCUBAPROs multifunction reel has set new standards of comfort and safety.
- The unique design has now eliminated the need for more than one type of reel.
- A Split handle locks into a toothed disc so the ratcheted mechanism allows for secure locking when SMB's and lifting bags have been deployed.
- The insertion of a side button into the handle allows the reel to free spool without a diver having to hold the locking mechanism in place.
- This ensures a diver does not perform an uncontrolled ascent if insufficient force is used to operate the mechanism.
- The free spooling operation also makes wreck and cave diving much easier by reducing task loading.
In addition to the above feature the reel's winding knob can be folded into the body for streamlined stowage and the line guide plate is positioned flush to the reel body preventing line spillage.
AP Valves Sealing SMB
SMBC - Surface Marker Buoy Closed (self-sealing) - developed exclusively by the A.P.Valves' design team - has what appears to be an open ended base but as soon as you fill the buoy the internal baffle is forced shut preventing the buoy from accidentally deflating on the surface.
- The SMBC also features a stream-lining flap which closes over the mouth when used in a current to prevent any sea-anchor effect.
- The AP5 over-pressure / dump valve prevents the buoy from bursting and allows deflation after use.
- Simply attach a line or reel and you have a superb decompression marker buoy and also a buoy that can be used as a standard surface marker.
- The SMBC and SMBCi now also feature an eyelet at the top end, which can be used to attach a strobe, a message slate or identification marker.
- All buoys roll up neatly for pocket storage, external attachment or stowage in the custom SMB pouches now standard on all BUDDY Pioneer, Commando and Explorer BCDs.
- New Signal Buoys All three models are also available in all-yellow - which is ideal for use as a Signal Buoy.
- For example, as an emergency signal to warn the surface support of an impending 'out-of-gas' situation (or any other pre-arranged communication).
- A message slate may also be attached to the top eyelet on the self-sealing models.